Today I’m going to show you how to make Greek-style shrimp with feta and orzo, such a great dish.
1 pound orzo
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive + more for topping
25 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
10 ounces feta, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the orzo according to manufacturer’s instructions, drain and set aside in a bowl.
- Add some butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; season with sea salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes until translucent.
- Wash the shrimp and pat dry.
- Add the shrimp to onion and garlic and fry about 1 minute on each side paying careful attention not to overcook. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Now add a bit of olive oil to a baking pan and scoop some of the prepared orzo to form a layer on the bottom of baking pan
- Add some of the crushed tomatoes right on top of the orzo layer, creating the 2nd layer, seasoning the dish again with a little bit of sea salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the shrimp and onion mixture, spreading evenly as a layer.
- Repeat the tomato and orzo layer and crumble the feta on top with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.