Not only is this recipe easy, the fiber in zucchini, carrots, almond meal and sprouted wheat flour gives you an added nutritional boost. By using Greek yogurt the loaf turns out super moist. Get creative and add nuts or seeds, dried fruit like raisins and apple. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 large)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 medium)
- Water as needed
This loaf should turn out semi-moist even though the fiber in the sprouted wheat flour and almond meal might be a little dense. When mixing the ingredients just add a little water as needed so the ingredients are mixed in well together.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the olive oil, melted butter, honey, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together in a medium bowl until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Take the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients, mixing with a large wooden spoon until combined. Fold in the zucchini and carrots to the mixture.
- Spread batter into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes.
- The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.