The Core Fundamentals of My Program
I believe overall health is completely reliant on how effective your digestive tract is working to absorb the nutrients found in our food. An ‘ill-gut’ occurs through genetic and lifestyle factors, including but not limited to environmental pathogens. My goal is to optimize your gut health by creating favorable digestive and metabolic health–the key factors to optimal health and longevity.
– I do not believe in the calorie-in-calories-out approach-it’s very primitive in thinking.
– Most diets are ineffective when looking at the long-term scope of health (i.e., a healthy weight or BMI is a good measure of overall health).
– I do not believe in ‘magic pills or supplements’–they simply do not exist.
– My program takes work. I’ll present you with the correct data and information that is relevant to you–not a one-size-fits-all approach.
– Everything I present to you is research-backed material and medically, peer-reviewed.
– Doctors (both Allopathic and Naturopathic) are brilliant clinicians–I’ve aligned with the best.
– I dedicate at least a few hours per day to research within my field of nutrigenomics, metabolomics, epigenetics, etc.
How I work
First and foremost, I am not a medical doctor. I have the utmost respect for those who’ve gone through their medical residencies–one of the most difficult and stringent programs known to mankind. I do, however, try and solve the puzzle of where optimal health begins by optimizing your digestive and metabolic health. I focus on the gut to create preventative strategies to your health, as well as working with cases that have undiagnosed or misdiagnosis made for acute or lifelong conditions. Read about Alice’s Story here to learn more about my clients and strategies for building optimal health.
Conditions I see Often in My Practice
- Dry skin
- Low endurance
- Weight gain unexplainably
- Poor memory
- Poor concentration
- Dry, coarse, brittle hair
- Cortisol Issues
- Low motivations
- Sensation of cold, cold or sweaty hands, feet
- Aches & pains
- Joint pain
- Non-restful sleep
- Poor vision
- Frequent headaches
- Light headedness, faintness, dizziness
- Frequent colds, infections, herpes sores
- Unexplained or frequent “allergy” attacks
- Heartburn, stomach pain, nausea
- Excess belching, flatulence
- Frequent urination
- Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling
- Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
- Bacteria and Foodborne Illness
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Acid Reflux (GERD)
- Iron deficiency
- Gallbladder disease
- B12 deficiency