1 pound lean ground buffalo meat
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 onions, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 14-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups strained tomatoes
5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 medium zucchini, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups red quinoa
1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1) Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large stockpot and fry the onion and garlic until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the carrots and celery and cook additionally until softened.
2) Add the buffalo and turkey meat to the stockpot and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
3) Add the fire-roasted and strained tomatoes; season with paprika, cinnamon, sea salt and pepper. Slowly add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer; cover the pot and cook over low heat for approximately 60 to 75 minutes.
4) Prepare the 2 cups of quinoa according to manufacturer’s directions, while the turkey and buffalo mixture is cooking. Set aside in a serving bowl when finished.
5) Season zucchini with sea salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until cooked (about 5 minutes). Place the zucchini in a serving bowl and set aside.
6) Place red bell pepper in a serving bowl and the cheddar cheese in another bowl.
7) Serve in medium to large bowls, when the chili is done cooking. Top with quinoa, bell peppers, zucchini and cheese.
Additionally, you can cook the chili in a slow cooker or oven.
Nutritional Data (1 serving)
Serving size: 1 bowl
Total servings: 8
Total fat: 8.5g
Saturated fat: 3.3g
Total carbohydrate: 31.6g
Dietary fiber: 6.0g
RECIPE BY STELLA METSOVAS FOR COMPLETE NUTRITION http://www.completenutrition.com/foodie-fix