This Paleo Moussaka recipe is one of the most versatile dishes you can make. I always triple up on the recipe and freeze for extras! Serve with your favorite side salad (like this Greek Lettuce Salad recipe >>>> video).
2 Large Eggplant, Sliced 1/4 inch
2 Large Onion, Chopped
1 Pound Lamb/Bison/Beef/Turkey, Choose
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
16 Ounces Chopped Italian Tomatoes, Try and
purchase citric acid free canned tomatoes
3 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
Sea Salt / Pepper, To Taste
Oregano / Thyme, Fresh or Dried
4 Tablespoon Almond Flour
1.5 Cups Greek Yogurt 2 %
3 Organic Eggs, Beaten
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
1) Slice the Eggplant about 1/4″ thick, adding salt to the eggplant and place in colander for 45 – 60 minutes
2) Slice the zucchini about 1/8″ lengthwise and set aside
3) Pan sear the Zucchini and Eggplant in Olive Oil and Set aside once finished
4) Saute the onions and peppers in olive oil, adding the garlic towards the end. Add your protein preference cooking until almost done
(approximately 10 minutes) adding crushed red tomatoes (you could also add red pepper flakes if you like the dish spicy).
5) Now layer a large baking dish with zucchini at the bottom, then the meat sauce, following with the eggplant, repeating once.
6) To make the crust: add ingredients together start with almond flour and oil, then yogurt and finally the eggs.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 – 75 minutes (depending on your oven).
***Allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving!
Source: Stella Metsovas