Recipe: Stella’s Purple Tacos!
Summary: Super healthy tacos with purple pigments, aka, anthocyanins. One of the most powerful antioxidants to consume! To find out more information about anthocyanins, click here.
- 6 Pieces Purple Corn Tortilla
- 2 Cups Purple Cabbage, Chopped Thin
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped Thin
- 8 Ounces Chicken Breast Tenders, Boiled and Shredded
- Fresh Salsa (my favorite is Trader Joe’s)
- Boil chicken breast until done, approximately 10 minutes and shred when cooled. Chop cabbage and onion. Warm tortillas over stove top. Assemble tacos, adding chicken first. Top with salsa! You can also add avocado & cilantro.
You can use any type of protein you’d like. Vegetarians can add beans.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Copyright © Stella Metsovas