- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek stalk (light part only), sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh peas, blanched
- Bunch Swiss chard chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, stems removed, torn into small pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. 2. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat. Add the leek and sauté until soft, then add the swiss chard and peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the eggs and half the mint to the pan, season with the salt and pepper, and cook, lifting the edges with a spatula to allow the uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom. When the frittata is partly cooked (7 to 10 minutes), sprinkle on the ricotta and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake until puffed, golden, and set, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Garnish with the remaining mint to taste and serve.
- Stella’s Tip: A frittata is one of the most versatile dishes you can make. Experiment with all vegetables!
Cooking time (duration): 12
Diet (other): Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Spanish
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★