Wolf adds that many discount the Paleo Diet because carbs are eliminated. That’s not true, he says. The diet is actually carb neutral and allows foods such as sweet potatoes and summer squash.
Don’t completely withdraw from your current eating regimen at once, cautions Stella Metsovas, a food and science clinical nutrition expert based in Laguna Beach, California.
“Rather, I’d suggest replacing one meal per day and remain paleo within that meal for a complete month,” she says. “The following month, try and replace another meal. Keep track of your health through a journal or online tracker such as LiveStrong’s MyPlate.”
Last updated on: Sep 26, 2011
- WBUR; Living Prehistorically In a Modern Age; Andrea Shea; May 2010
- Robb Wolf: The Paleo Solution
- Mark’s Daily Apple; Charcoal Roasted Pork Loin; Mark Sisson
- “The Primal Blueprint”; Mark Sisson; 2009
- “W8less”: Stella Metsovas