I do love experimenting with various forms of flour to make everything from bread, desserts, to my favorite pizza. This particular recipe was quite interesting to develop because I wanted to maintain the gritty texture of coconut and almond flour, while keeping the overall feeling of the bread lighter.
Start to finish: 60 mins
Skill level: Moderately Easy
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 cups ripe banana
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup coconut flour
4 cups almond meal
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped, unsalted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Mix the melted coconut butter, vanilla, eggs and banana in a bowl, until smooth and blended.
- Mix the dry ingredients — coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon — in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and macadamia nuts to the wet mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Smooth the top with a nonstick spatula.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until top and edges are golden.
Servings per loaf: 14 (1/4-inch slices)
Total fat: 12.5g
Saturated fat: 6.0g
Total carbohydrate: 9.5g
Dietary fiber: 4.0g